It would be so cool if an American Blackbelly or Barbados Blackbelly breeder could win this contest. ASI has been particularly unfriendly to hair sheep breeders in the past and I'd like to see that changed.

Sheep Video Contest Underway

If you have a story to share about growing your flock, we want to hear it! The American Sheep Industry Association (ASI) and the American Lamb Board (ALB) are inviting producers to join in the twoPLUS video competition.

Tell us how you are going to incorporate the twoPLUS goals into your operation and showcase the production efficiencies you are utilizing to increase your flock size. We also want to hear your thoughts on how you can have an impact on the size of the national sheep flock.

The winner of the video contest will be featured as a Let's Grow partner on the new website, <http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=7kz965bab&et=1105927740057&s=139&e=001HxjC9fErtlsr8RdtoDDv5wx3v_ebHnBk5jwUrr0aNEdBty_YCVcBjzYptYS0lbfVHX3XoAJafDfmZ_LZ5Qws_dUzlYHSYRcrml5Axdj6l6v_J2IRZ3X4VA==>www.growourflock.org, and will win a Summer Grilling Picnic Pack courtesy of ALB. The pack includes a cooler, blanket, hat, t-shirt, metal sign, water bottle and apron. All entries will receive a thank you gift for your time and participation.

To enter, create a short original video (no longer than five minutes) and upload it to Youtube.com. Then email the link of your video and your contact information (name, address, email and phone number) to a...@sheepusa.org. Entries will be judged on creativity, appropriateness and effectiveness. The submission deadline is June 30, and the grand prize winner will be announced on ASI's and ALB's Facebook pages by mid-July.