One thing I learned the hard way is: don't try to get away with
stuffing a lamb's belly with as much milk as they can drink and think
you can then do less feedings per day. I learned this from a goat
breeder. Her bottle babies always had scours.

Feeding them like that, and they will end up with scours, and you'll
waste time treating it with probiotics, Corid, Albion, all sorts of
stuff, rather than just feeding them properly.  Lots of small feedings
and you should probably get up in the middle of the night and feed as
well, at least till they start to put on some weight.

-Michael, Perino Ranch Blackbellies.