Michael,

Sounds like it is a back leg? If so, check her udder. Feel it for fever, and also feel each of the teats. Also get down under her (or gently set her up on her rear) and visually examine the entire udder to look for signs of infection. If any part of it is hot, inflamed, infected, abcessed, or if any of the teats are hot or hard, she could have mastitis, and the pain could be radiating into the leg. It is not likely, but if you would by chance have this and it goes undiagnosed, it can kill her, so better to check it out and be safe. Sometimes limping on a back leg can be the "red flag" symptom of mastitis.

Ruling out mastitis, and if there are no foul smells or irritated tissue on the bottom of hoof, then the other thing to check for is an abcess in the interdigital gland (the gland between the two toes on the front of the hoof, just where the hoof stops and the black hair begins). Sometimes a hard cyst develops there. You can usually relieve that by squeezing out the cyst through the front.

Other than these two things, I cannot think of anything else. Perhaps she has sprained her leg a little and it just needs time to recover.

Good luck!
Mary Swindell