Yes, I think you're right. But $200 for a ram isn't bad, even if he's not registerable, if you have a good market for lamb meat. He is a well-built guy and should make good sons. We blackbelly breeders are fortunate that we raise the best tasting meat available. Far superior to any other breed of sheep and better than beef (IMO). There is a good niche market out there if you take the time to develop it. You can get top dollar for your meat if you market it to the people who care about quality--and who can afford to pay for it.

Carol