On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 00:14 +0000, randhir phagura wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Simon Geard wrote on: Thu, 01 Sep 2005
>
> >That said, I'd be surprised if you could do anything useful
> >with purely the GTK part - most programs targetted at Mono
> >(e.g Tomboy, Blam, Beagle) will require the Gnome libraries
> >as well.
>
> Yeah ! But what constitutes 'Gnome libraries' in this particular case of
> Mono installation is not very clear to me. Will try again.

Ok, to elaborate on my earlier post, the configure.in script *requires*
the following:

glib
pango
gtk+
libxml2

...and considers the following to be optional:

libart
libglade
librsvg
gtkhtml
libgnomecanvas
libgnomeui
libgnomeprintui

Of the optional packages, the last three are the ones it considers to be
part of gnome. I'd suggest though, that you need all of them to get
useful functionality.

It can also use libgda for gnome database support, but that's not a core
part of Gnome, and is unlikely to be of much value to you. Not having it
doesn't mean you can't do database work - it just means you don't use
the Gnome support libraries to do so.

Simon.