Hello bill,

Glad that makes sense to you. I sometime have difficulty explaining
how to get around a problem.

As For the Kurzweil, that is a super way of doing what I have to do,
but unfortunately the Kurzweil 1000 I think, is a little out of my price range.

When Kurzweil was first introduced years ago, I had the privilege of
using one at my job. Talk about being pricey! My employer was
generous and the best part was that synthesizer was DecTalk.

Can you use the Kurzweil 1000 with any scanner or does it have to be
a particular one?

Thanks for any help,

Lennie

At 12:30 PM 6/16/2007, you wrote:
>Lenny writes:
>As for a photo copy of a PDF file, I would print this document and if
>it is only one or two page long, I would then scan the printed
>results to read it.
>
>Does that make sense?
>
>Hi Lenny,
>
>Well, I guess you've answered my unknown.  I presume that the HP scanning
>software might yield similar results in that scanning a document as a text
>document will produce a file that I could then access with JAWS.  It makes
>perfect sense to print the PDF and then scan it.  But since I have Kurzweil
>I can eliminate the steps of printing the PDF and then loading the paper
>into the scanner bed.  By virtue of the KESI Virtual Printer provided in
>Kurzweil 1000 I can pass the PDF directly into Kurzweil by specifying to
>print that PDF with the KESI Virtual Printer (rather than my HP PSC).  It
>saves paper, time and effort.
>----------------
>Bill Gallik
>E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>God made man before woman so as to give him time to think of an answer for
>her first question.
>

>Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
>http://www.blind-computing.com
>Address for the list archives:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/not known right now
>To post to this group, send email to
>blind-computing@jaws-users.com
>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
>subject or body of a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Use the following form in order to contact the management team
>http://www.blind-computing.com/contact.php
>If you wish to join the JAWS Users List send a blank email to the
>following address:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the Blind Computing List home page at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/not known right now
body of a blank message to: