yes the pack mate cost a lot more than a laptop and I don't know how longer f s will be making the pack mate. one things many blind folks are using laptops instead of a personal data device the cost is less and you can duplicate what is on your desktop. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Vos" <v...@iowatelecom.net>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2011 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] braillenote, pacmate or laptop;

Battery Life of the PM depends partly on how you use it.
But here's a comparison.
My laptop will run maybe 1.5-2 hours without being connected to power.
I can take my PM on a trip and use it all day and still have 80 percent of
battery left.
I think it is safe to say that the PM will work all day and need no more
than a charge once a day or even every couple days.
Without a screen or hard drive to power, battery life will be much longer.
Blessings,
Tom