Ladies,

Well, I know I haven't updated much, but we have to return to a sense of
normalcy sometime!
I am back to work today, and I have tons to do!

Our basement got about 6 to 8 inches of water; we were very, very close to
losing our washer and dryer, along with the furnace and water tank!  We do
not have a sump pump in our house, and we did end up borrowing a portable
utility pump that helped us pump some of the water out!  However, as fast as
we were pumping it out, it was coming right back into the house.  The water
that was coming into the house was not raw sewage, thank goodness; it was
completely clean, so we know we did not have a back-up in our sewer system!
However, what we feared is true; we have structural damage in the
foundation; water got in through cracks in the floor, as well as underneath
certain wall.  The outside of the house will have to be sealed or excavated,
and a drainage system will have to be put into place, to prevent this from
happening again!  This is going to be a very expensive process, so we don't
know how we're going to manage this!  We also don't know if some of this
problem was caused by all of the water pressure, but that is a good
possibility!
The area has been declared a disaster, by the governor and the state, and
there are people who have totally lost everything, so we are very thankful!
I just don't know what we'll do yet!

I don't even know if we will apply for assistance from FEMA because our
situation was a more structural one, and we really did not lose anything; we
just have some building up to do!  Our basement is unfinished, and we mostly
used it for some storage, and the stuff in the basement isn't even ours.
So unfortunately, Lou's nephew and sister lost a lot, but at this point, I
don't care.  I don't mean to be heartless, but they've had their stuff in
our basement for more than four years, so they had plenty of time to get it
out!
And, let me tell you; they will come in very, very soon and have to take out
their stuff and trash it because I don't want to then incur any mold issues.
And, I refuse to take out their crap!
Sorry for that little rant!