Victor,

Thanks; I actually work for HUD, so I'll be doing my research tomorrow.

Claudia

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Victor Gouveia
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Update on Our House!

  Hi Claudia,

  I think you should contact the nearest FHA and HUD office to see what sort
  of benefits you're entitled to, as I know that there are programs you can
  access to help you with the funding of such major home renovations and
  repairs.

  I would also imagine that the state department has implemented additional
  programs through FHA and HUD to offer relief to home owners in the wake of
  the damage suffered to structures and the like because of the current
  weather woes.

  In any case, I think you should start at these offices, after you apply for
  the FEMA relief funding, or, maybe do it at the same time, so you can piggy
  back the funding if one fails so you're not left in the lurch.

  Good luck and I hope you get it worked out.

  Victor
  Co-moderator
  Blind Movie Buffs List
  Guidedogs List