Look at the top and see if there aren't a couple screws up there.  I've seen
them where the sides stay in place and you reach down through the top to change
the bulb.
----- Original Message -----
From: Brice Mijares
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] porch light

No problems with sub degree coldness here, I live in Central California.
Hardly ever falls below 32 and the front porch is covered. Now, I have to
figure out how to change the light bulb. It is shaped like an octagon with
vertical strips of glass about inch and a half wide and about 6 inches high
with sheet metal between each strip of glass.. If it's like the one we had
at our last home, it's a pain in the ass to change light bulbs as it damn
near falls apart during the process.