Aloha Blake,
I think this is definitely a handyman question.
If I am sweeping in the house, I will often sweep
all the dust to a corner and then it is easier to
get down on the floor and, using a papertowel or
a cloth, you can push the dirt right into the
dust pan. When you're done, you can also use a
damp cloth to get the very fine dust that will probably still be there.
Betsy