Hello Egon

On 13 Feb 2009, at 07:06, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> Are there others on the list (who have been lurking) who have been
> involved in the GSoC via other projects?

re: GSoC: You could try asking the Science Commons people, Alan
Ruttenberg and Jonathan Rees. Two years ago they got accepted as
mentors for a RDF based projects, see [1].

I've been lurking on this list for a while too, so I should probably
introduce myself. My name is Duncan Hull, I'm postdoc in the
chemistry department at the University of Manchester in the UK. I'm
currently investigating various techniques for improving
computational models of metabolism (in yeast) using something called
SBML (a great big honking XML Schema). I'm interested in where
reasoning can be put to good use in this, especially with respect to
ChEBI and its friends...

Anyway, Alan might be able to give you some insider advice about GSoC...

Cheers

Duncan

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2007Mar/0126.html