[uucdigest]         Tuesday, January 18 2000         Volume 03 : Number 053

| visit the BMW UUC Digest page: http://www.uucdigest.com
| Send SUBMISSIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Complaints?  Send 'em to [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you must.
| Visit http://www.bubbaclub.com
| www.bimmers.com - "serving enthusiasts on the 'net"
| Visit http://www.bimmer.org - ultimate BMW bulletin boards!
| Subscribe to the Zionsville Autosport Parts Digest:
|   http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/majordomo.htm
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
In this BMW UUC Digest:

       Re: [uuc] Torque on wheel lugs
       [uuc] Hint: Knowing when your oil is up to temp without a temp gauge
       Re: [uuc] re: Photo radar
       [uuc] E34 Auto tranny questions/problems..
       [uuc] Re: [E36M3] Hint: Knowing when your oil is up to temp without a temp gauge
       RE: [uuc] E28 Automatic Transmissions
       [uuc] Re: Torque on wheel lugs
       [uuc] Re: <MISC> pull over for emergency vehicles? yah.
       [uuc] Re: If you're being serious (and even if you aren't)...
       [uuc] FS: tires - 2 17" and 2 15"
       [uuc] Xenon Light purchase?
       [uuc] Silver State Classic (?)
       [uuc] HK Stereo in '95 M3?
       [uuc] <E28> Purchase/Maintenance Observations, Part 1 of 3

Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 22:09:15 -0600
From: "Christian Els" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [uuc] Torque on wheel lugs

Back it off a bit (quarter-turn or so) then tighten it back down to spec. If
you attempt to torque it whilst it is still tight, you get an inaccurate
clamping spec due to residual stress in the fastener.

Cheers,

tiAn
'94 325i
'93 BSME, hasn't been used since...sigh