Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:18:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Daley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Roll over protection was: Re: Convertible top- Is this
 right?

Good to know.  I always wear my belt and insist that passengers do as well.  Do you
recall how tall the hoops were when deployed?  I was picturing the car resting on the
front of the hood and windshield/A-pillar which isn't much taller than my head, thus
my skepticism about the effectiveness assuming some slack and/or give in the seat
belts.  On the other hand if the hoops are sufficiently taller than the A-pillar such
that the car would rest upside down on the front of the hood and the hoops with some
clearance between the top of the windshield and the ground that would allow you to
hang in the belt a bit without hitting the ground.  I guess that's probably the case
although I'm having trouble envisioning how a sufficiently tall hoop would fit in the
car when retracted.  I dunno.  Like you said, hopefully I'll never need to find out.
Happens to be a slow day at work so I had some time to think about it.

Brian