Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:40:44 -0400
From: Paul Dunlevy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Motorsports Colors

Any one got the Pantone numbers for the Motorsports' colors readily at
hand.

TIA

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:47:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Richard Dorffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Motorsports Colors

--- Paul Dunlevy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Any one got the Pantone numbers for the Motorsports' colors readily at
> hand.

For printing -
Blue: Pantone Process Blue
Purple: Pantone 268
Red: Pantone Warm Red

> TIA

YW

Regards,

Rich

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:50:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: E36 roof rack

I've had a Yakima roof rack for my 325 since I bought it. There are a couple rivets
under the door
trim that clips snap onto, and they hold the crossbars. With a Yakima rack, you have
to rest
footpads on the car, but it's not an issue for shorter lengths of time with the rack
on (i.e. not
leaving it on full time).

Specifics depend on what kind of rig you're sailing. With two piece mast, I'd probably
opt for a
sail bag and put everything on top of the board.  You can get multi holders for one
piece masts.
Sails will also fit in the back (up to 6.0s with seats folded).  I usually tied down
the board, then
used separate ties to tie down sails just to be sure.

If you're going to travel long distances with a nice (delicate) short board, I'd
definitely suggest
a padded bag to protect it from debris.  You can buy pipe insulation at home depot
instead of the
fancy board pads, saves a bunch of $$$.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a factory rack with no roof contact, I have a
spare factory
rack with a gear box that would hold sails (haven't checked the length for masts).  My
wife bought
this one with her M3, but I'm used to the Yak, plus I have bike mounts, etc for it
already.

Marc Plante
Vienna, VA
E36 325i, 220k FS
E36 M3/4
Progressive composite 87 L, AirFoil race sails, North carbon mast, Booms from Hale
(Heading to Hatteras later this summer)

Marc Plante
[EMAIL PROTECTED]