Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 18:56:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gary Derian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Title Transfer Question

My latest car cost me $1000, so far I have driven it
on buisiness for a few thousand miles.  At $0.375 per
mile, it is a profit center for me.

Gary Derian

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 01:23:46 -0400
From: "Rich Dorffer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Tom Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
   "Gary Derian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Dipped In Chrome

They also now powder coat in "chrome".  I have seen Corvette wheels done
like this recently and they were quite well done, there was no way I could
tell it wasn't chrome but a powder coat instead.  A local company was
showing them off as a way of gaining business (MotoMotion) although they
were simply providing the service, the powder coater was actually located in
California but I do not know who they were having do the powder coat
process.

It isn't particularly cheap, about $200 - $250 a wheel but considered to be
more durable and more environmentally safe in application than chrome
plating.

By the way, they don't "dip in chrome".  Simply put, most items are plated
with copper, then nickel plated and ultimately the chrome plate is applied
last.  The process basically applies an electrical charge to a bath of
electrolytic salt solution where the metal (first copper, then nickel and
then chromium...all separate baths) is deposited unto the object you are
plating.

Regards,

Rich