Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:20:49 -0800 (PST)
From: Andre Yew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Uuc (E-mail)" <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Re: Ticking from under steering wheel

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, P Kroon wrote:
> I've recently noticed a ticking sound coming from the
> region under the steering wheel.  It is fairly random;
> my guess is that it is an electrical relay/switch, but
> I have no idea which one.  I've also experienced this
> in my cobra as well.

I've heard this in my car as well (E45 328Ci), and it turned out to be a
broken clip that held the plastic panel below the steering column.

--Andre

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:32:52 -0800 (PST)
From: Vern Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Kill switch location

Sorry for all of the Club Racing questions, I'm also
posting these to the BMWCCA CR forums, just not sure
how active that forum is.  Second CR question - anyone
care to share any good advice on how/where to mount a
kill switch in an 98 E36 M3/2?  Car will remain street
legal (just not very streetable) and SCCA Solo SM
legal for a another year or so.  Complete front
interior still intact (minus airbags :), race seats,
TCKline cage.  Haven't mounted the window net yet.
Installing fire system, so I'll need to make sure that
stays powered even when the kill switch is activated.
Would like the kill switch to be accessable to me when
belted in if possible.  Switch needs to be mounted or
able to be moved to the inside of the car so the
windows can be rolled up and the car locked.  Should
be able to figure out something, just don't want to
re-invent the wheel if someone out there has already
done it.  Thanks!

Vern Anderson