Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:12:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Carlos Lopez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Clarence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Re: e36 brake pads - track cars

--- Clarence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I have heard numerous times that the HT-10 was designed for cars
>heavier than the E30.  Excuse my ignorance (nah, who cares) but what
>does this mean?

I think it may be so that enough heat is generated for them to work
well.  A lot of racers that I see using these sometimes close up their
brake ducts even in the summer months.  I think I remember James Clay
saying that unless it's 90 deg F outside you probably don't need full
ducting.

I ran them in my E30 M3 and loved them.  I ran them at Gingerman once
w/o ducting and that was the only time I felt fade.  Gingerman is
extremely hard on brakes.

At PRI (prof. racing ind.) show, we stopped by the Hawk booth and they
said they have some new pad that's supposedly even better than the
HT-10 I forget the name/model because it's not an HT-whatever type of
name.  Something new.

Carlos.

http://mail.yahoo.com