Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:12:16 -0400
From: "Stan Jackson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: Re: [E30] wiper malfunction

Sounds somewhat similar to my E28 wiper failure, so you may want to evaluate
a bit more.  I would have expected the motor to die slowly rather than
suddenly.  Isn't it possible for the arms to loosen up relative to the motor
as well?  My failure was the steering wheel stalk/switch.

I can't recall if they ever worked slowly (I think so).  But sometimes they
would not work, would only work at a certain speed, or sometimes at the
wrong speed (relative to lever position).  Once working, they would remain
working, unless you moved the lever, then it was crapshoot whether they
would continue working or whether you would have to wait.

Stan