Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:07:41 -0500
From: "John Bunda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>
Subject: <e36> cabrio wind deflector locked up

I thought this would be simple - my friend with the 328ic (whose engine
quitting problem was the ICV after all) has another one, and
this is one I thought would be easy, but I couldn't figure it out.    The (OEM)
wind deflector that came with the car worked great
for a few days, but is now suddenly locked in the upright position, and can't
be folded down.    I looked at it, it's locked good
and tight at both hinge points.    Is there some secret way to release it?
I'm baffled.

John