Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:00:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Kevin Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com
Subject: Low Cost E30

Kirk Lachman wrote that his nephew is considering
getting an '86 318i 5-speed for $700 to save on gas.
Then Scott Miller reminded us that BMWNA did not import
any 318i models (or 4cyl vehicles at all) in '86 and
speculates that it might be a gray market model.
In all the years I've been playing around with BMWs
I've never herd of a gray market M10 E30 coming in
to the US (I had a gray market E21 323i and a gray
market E24 635i in college).

Then Rob Levinson accused me of being a buzzkill when
I pointed out that after Kirk's nephew runs the numbers
that he probably won't actually end up saving any money
at the end of the year with 4cyl BMW if he keeps his truck.

In my original post I did add that a second car is
"worth it if the second car makes you happy" and I've had
some strange second (and third and even fourth) cars but
I bought them because they made me happy not because they
were smart investments or saved me money on gas (I was
close to buying a '66 Alfa Duetto earlier this summer and
I'm looking for a nice blue with tan interior Boxter S
not for the mpg, but the fun right now.

Kevin Kelly
BMW CCA 50039