Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:44:43 -0400
From: "Gary Derian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <bmwuucdigest@uucdigest.com>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: <OT> water trap for compressor

Water separators only work with liquid water.  Hot air from the compressor
holds the moisture which eventually condenses out downstream when the air
temperature drops below its dew point.

When I paint, I connect an old car air conditioning condenser to the air
line off the compressor, then place it in a tub and cover it with ice.  That
cools the air and condenses out the water.  I have 2 water separators right
there and they take out a ton of water.  Then as the air moves to the spray
gun, it warms above its dew point and the air stays dry.

Gary Derian