Hi Norbert,
On 22/05/2012 14:19, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 3:57 AM, Cor Nouws<oo...@nouenoff.nl>  wrote:
Hi all,

When inviting people in the Dutch language community to consider membership
of TDF, two items showed up.

1. Not all active people are familiar enough with the beautiful English
language to feel comfortable to use the application page (&  related info).
  >  has partial translation been considered, and if not, can it be?
 From a practical stand-point, the only actual prerogative of members
is their ability to vote for BoD and MC.
How could one make an educated decision as to whom to vote for without
basic understanding of who the candidates are and what they stand for,
hence, in most case, without understanding of basic English ?
This is what language communities are supposed to do : give those who don't speak English a chance to be part of the project. We can't rely only on English speaking people to grow the community and represent it every where in the world. This is why settling each of our actions on an i18n point of view first is very important.

2. Not all supporters are active in a way that they feel like applying form
membership.
  >  the idea 'supportive membership' has been mentioned before.
  Has it been discussed too?
I'm not sure what that means... can you elaborate ?
a recognition also for those who don't fall in our meritocratic criteria or don't want to sign for our charter while participating to the project in other or more external ways.

Kind regards
Sophie