Hello,

I would like to second Charles' thoughts.

While the legal authority language is German, as we are based in Germany, the main language of correspondence inside the BoD's bodies, and also towards our members, is English, since that's the lowest common denominator most of us share, and it makes reviewing, archiving and reading decisions and minutes much easier, also for the following MC and BoD.

However, most of us is not all of us, and indeed it is one of our strenghts that we have a wide, open and diverse community, active in many countries and on many languages. I really feel uncomfortable excluding people who contribute to the success of LibreOffice and the foundation, "just" because they don't speak English.

While of course the main language of the MC should be English, finding ways of having "proxies", people helping to translate, would be very much welcome.

I think practically, we can do it similar to the statutes. The "official" form and rules are in English, but for convenience, we can provide localized versions, given we find volunteers to translate them. The "binding" variants, however, should solely be the English ones then (except for legal texts, but that's another topic I don't want to touch here...).

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger, Chairman of the Board
Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108