Dear candidates to the board of directors of the Document Foundation,

I would first like to thank you for running as candidates for the board of directors. At this time, not every candidate has declared his or her candidacy. However, I would like to ask a few questions about your views and intentions regarding the Document Foundation and your plans as potential directors of the entity. I hope they will be helpful in englightening our membership and hopefully, all of you will be able to answer them.

1. Do you commit yourself to have enough time and the necessary technological tools in order to participate to the regularly scheduled board calls?

2. Do you commit yourself to follow up and work on (at least) the main items and actions you have volunteered to oversee or that have been attributed to you by the board?

3. What are your views on the foundation's budget? How should the money be spent, besides our fixed costs?

4. Should we work towards broadening our pool of contributors, both technical and non-technical?

5. Should the Foundation -as an entity distinct from the LibreOffice project or the Document Liberation project- engage into growing its influence and promoting and defending Free Software and Digital Freedom? It is, after all, an integral part of its mission per its very Statutes. If yes, do you have ideas on what should be done about this?

6. How do you view your (potential) role as a member of the board of directors, given that this position does not give you any specific functional role inside the LibreOffice or Document Liberation projects?

7. What is the biggest problem of the foundation in your opinion? What is its biggest opportunity?

Thank you for your answers,

Charles-H. Schulz.