Hi Andreas, all,

Andreas Mantke wrote on 30-10-17 23:08:
> The number of remaining active members of the MC is one issue. The other
> one is the role of the MC in connection to the board (and the other way
> around). The tasks (and power) of the MC are written in § 12 I of the
> statutes. The statutes foresee that the MC act as independent as
> possible from the board (and the other way around too). Thus the people
> acting on both bodies shouldn't have immunity of witness because of a or
> economic dependence to a member of the the other body.

There is indeed always the situation that people have contact with each
other, either for work in TDF, business, because of friendship, or
avoiding because of (ancient) conflict. These may influence how one acts
in the role and tasks in any body - luckily we're not machines. Because
the board and MC have a multiple members, and we encourage each other to
communicate clear and open, I'm always starting from the optimistic
side: that the outcome of the processes will be fair and balanced.

On the other hand: looking out for ways to improve our process/rules is
always good. So thanks a lot for sharing your concerns here and the
discussion - of course the others too. I expect that, maybe with e.g.
larger membership, these topics will be looked at for sure.

For now: in the coming days you may expect information, more probably
than usual, from the MC how the current elections will be run in the
most transparent and fair way.

Regards,
Cor

--