Always good to have bike-shedding questions in such a list ;-). First, we have
to agree on such a survey including what exactly we want to learn and which
questions we have to ask. The proficiency self-estimation is just a way to
split answers into more or less experienced people. So back to
Stallman/Thorvalds/Musk/Trump, the better option is maybe "I'm a professional
system administrator" (whatever we put there, it's clear that this is the
maximum option).