On 2020-08-28 08:18, Andreas Mantke wrote:
Hi,

I have two first questions to the candidates:

a) regarding the mission of the MC (§ 12 of the statutes) have you
already participated in board calls during the last two years as
external (non-member)?

I attended to ask questions with others about TDC as I struggled with the slide deck/proposal documents. It was made clear during that call that non-board personnel were pesky to board members (exemplified on the mailing list later [1]) so I stopped engaging. It is my hope that the board can approach conflict with a more patient and empathetic way - we mortals care about the project, too.

(N.B. This is not to single out one individual or to cast shade upon all of the board as a whole. Some - notably mmeeks - engaged in a very thoughtful, patient manner.)

b) What is your personal take on a 'cooling down' periode between being
a member of leading bodies of the foundation, regarding the first
sentence in the statutes § 12?

Good question!

I share Dennis' view - leaving an appointed post to go up the ladder seems unhelpful. A post should enjoy the talents of the person occupying it until commitment cessation. If the MC exists merely as a stepping stone to political gain in the BoD then a more fundamental problem needs examination.

[1] Message-id: <a808307a-1f15-4a69-e848-0b732aa05...@documentfoundation.org>