Hi Kendy,

On 14/02/2022 14:40, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
Hi Paolo,

Paolo Vecchi píše v Pá 11. 02. 2022 v 16:11 +0100:

As I started the proposal I'm very happy to work with Sophie and
Hossein
to complement the proposal with the useful feedback we received in
this
thread.
Perfect, I am looking forward to an ODT that we can then collectively
redline as the Board, to form a proposal based on consensus!

Thanks, I'm looking forward to having the board agreeing that it's the best strategic move for TDF to start employing internal developers.

I'm sure that if all board members think about the best for TDF we will reach an unanimous consensus on it very quickly.

As to working with Sophie & Hossein - are you about to politely ask
them to work on that as volunteers (as I've asked Michael W. - Michael,
once again thank you for your input & answers!),

As to working with Sophie and Hossein I have publicly asked members of TDF's team to work together on an opportunity that affects them, as we are talking about new colleagues, and on which they can share their thoughts and experience as they are working in many areas and are able to identify the best ways to get the new developers to be most effective within the team and for the good of our wider community.

True that I could have added the word "please", I was probably too excited to start working with members of the team and totally forgot, but I'm sure both Sophie and Hossein didn't get offended by it.

  or are you about to
ask your fellow Board members & Florian to dedicate some of their work
time (ie. donation money) to work on the proposal?

Our team must invest its time for the best of TDF, LibreOffice and the wider community and that's what our donors want.

Keep also in mind most volunteers are also donors as time for most of us has a value.

I'm generally selling my time at X amount per hour/day so I'm donating that value to TDF with the only scope of doing my best for TDF, LibreOffice and the community as I passionately believe on the project and the good that it's doing all over the world without expecting any economical return. Naturally there is a limit on the amount of time I can donate as while it makes me happy to be doing my best for TDF and the community, like anyone else, I have to dedicate my time also in doing things that pay the bills.

Others may be able to invest as much time as it is necessary as anyway some outcomes may be also quite beneficial for their own companies, that may create a bit of an imbalance in the decision making process.

Thank you!

Thank you for understanding how much many are donating in time and money to TDF and that we need to move forward to show them their donations really matter to us.

All the best,
Kendy

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors