Hi all,

On 15/02/2022 15:50, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hi *,

Cor Nouws wrote:
Paolo Vecchi wrote on 15/02/2022 12:47:

Now that we know we want in-house developers, the team and the ...
It is recognized that in-house developers (...) may be a (partial) solution
some of the issues we face.

Yeah it is a bit annoying, having to repeatedly state this is an
ongoing process.

I feel it's a bit like saying we need a marketing plan and somebody complaining that that's not good as it maybe only a partial solution of the issues we face.
Well, now you have a marketing plan and some of the issues are being sorted.

We face many more issues and a couple of developers will start easing some of them but once again it's a good step in the right direction.

Then we'll deal also with the rest.

 From the board call minutes just posted:

     + Proposal: discuss more, decide with strategy workshop? (Lothar)
       + could be interesting (Paolo)
       + a consensus from one side brilliant idea to have it
       + other side seems like its a better idea for the ecosystem to
         do that

A "consensus from one side" is not a consensus, and not a decision.

The wider community and our own team seems to indicate that employing developers is actually a good idea.

Even within the budget another member of the board proposed a new employee dedicated to QA so it seems like the need is there and I'm sure that 2 developers dedicating some of their time helping in QA and agreeing with the team which bugs should be fixed would help in speeding up things for both tasks.

Currently, both the old and the new board are ranking all budget
proposals. We will see what comes out top, if there's budget for it,
and how the board & TDF can then execute on those items we want to do.

So it seems like you are totally ignoring the feedback from the team and the community as you keep want to rank a strategic decision like any tender.

We know that the budget is there and that we can move forward.

The fact that you want to put them in a ranking sheet seems to show that you haven't yet understood the proposal from a strategic point of view.

And to conclude: the easiest way to convince me (and likely others) on
the board that a proposal is a good idea - is to make your case
properly with a well-researched writeup.

Could you please forward to me the well researched write-up used to employ the new mentor so that I can use that as a template?

Repeatedly claiming that all
is clear, and why haven't we hired yet - is not convincing, to say the
least.

It is clear that we should employ developers but the details as explained in a few emails well be worked out with the team.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten
Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Deputy Member of the Board of Directors