Hi Paolo,

Paolo Vecchi píše v Po 14. 03. 2022 v 20:59 +0100:

> It's true that through the 80s and 90s software development was
> different but I can assure you that there were levels of complexity
> that
> aren't that different from today's systems and the tolerance for
> errors
> were probably a lot narrower.

You really don't have to assure me.  I started programming 35 years
ago, I was there in the 80's and 90's, so I can compare with the
present.

> Maybe a small number of passionate and capable developers will be
> able
> to fix the CVEs and bring LOOL to a state where it could work well
> with
> the features left since the fork for those that don't need new fancy
> features.

The most important "new fancy features" are in the area of making the
editing more fluent, optimized & pleasant, do you really think there
are people who don't need them?

> The point is that we don't know until we open the repository and let
> people know that is available with all the relevant warnings.

It is git, anybody can clone it & work on it if they want.  If there
were passionate and capable developers interested in this, they'd be
bombarding the development mailing list with their patches the last >12
months; passionate and capable developers always find their way to get
their code integrated one way or the other.

But I'm not aware of any such patches.

All the best,
Kendy