Hi all,

after months of silence there is now an additional proposal for developers with focus on mentoring. Confusingly the additional proposal hasn't been renamed yet but hopefully it will be done soon as it changes quite a lot the purpose of the "developers" and the controlling parties.

After having read the other proposal I have integrated some minor changes into v 2.1 that you can find here:

https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/sFtCk9wiMWbt2pB

Some of the changes implemented:
- added that TDF has increased its contributions also thanks to improved QA triage, UI and unit tests development - moved the "app stores management" section under Focus Areas and removed the long rationale behind the proposed focus area as it should be by now clear to all. It might be seen as controversial but it is a natural evolution to have the apps managed directly by TDF - removed the paragraph stating that tenders are a negligible part of commercial contributors income - added that in-house developers should participate to events to present their achievements

It is important from my point of view that a strategic proposal of this type does not contain artificial limitations for TDF to express itself fully in achieving its goals set in its statutes. While TDF is committed to working with members of the commercial ecosystem in a mutually beneficial relationship it should be made clear that third parties and suppliers (commercial contributors) should not limit what a charitable organisation can do as that is against our statutes and the principles TDF was created with.

The ESC provides valuable contributions but it is well represented by commercial contributors and other external organisations which should not directly influence TDF's employees. Meetings with the ESC will provide useful exchange of information which will be evaluated by our mentors and our ED to take decisions as described in the proposal.

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors