Hi Alex,
Le 14/06/2022 à 09:52, Alexander Thurgood a écrit :
Hello to all,

Might I suggest that a discussion be had, either by the Board, or the ESC, and a decision be made of public record, as to where bugs relating to Collabora Productivity are to be reported ?

Agreed on the need to have a discussion on that.

I have reported a number of bugs against Collabora Productivity in the LibreOffice bugzilla _*over several years*_ (basically since the product was first released via the AppStore).

and thanks a lot for your continuous contributions to the project since so many years :)

I see now that my reports are being closed as NOTOURBUG, and being told that I should report them to Collabora.

Having been consistently told to report them on the LO BZ over these many years, this approach has come both as somewhat of a surprise, and a disappointment.

Questions:

1) when was this change decided ? I see nothing of public record ?

From what I know, nothing has been decided yet, as you said this is something that we should discuss

2) if the decision wass made to shift responsibility for these back to Collabora, would someone from that entity please indicate where the bugs should now be reported, or whether there is some mechanism in place to automatically transfer the bugs to a corresponding Collabora instance like we did when we moved from Apache BZ ?

We have to give time to time (F. Mitterrand for those who are not French ;)

I have the distinct and unpleasant impression that the current tensions within the Board have led to an undocumented decision to purge all traces of Collabora bugs from the LO BZ instance without regard for the people who have actually tried to help improve the product by reporting those bugs.

Your impression is not the right one. There are no decisions yet on this process. This leads to the unfortunate situation where both the member closing your bugs and you are right or wrong.

I would have appreciated there being some kind of public decision making process in this regard, with a means for currently reported bugs to be automatically transferred.
For sure there will be and you pointed a very valuable lack of process.

Closing them as NOTOURBUG without any due process just smacks of petty revenge actions, and does not bode well for the future wellbeing of the project IMO.

In the community there are different understandings and different behaviors. Fortunately we are able to follow-up on almost all of them. But I'm sure the closing of your bugs have nothing to do with a hidden agenda or something like that. Once the settings of the app stores will be done, there will be a lot to decide and discuss and I'm sure (and will work for :) it will happen in a sane way.

On your underlying point about the tensions in the board, there are and we are all well aware of them, as is the board. Their has been a two, almost three years break in relations because of the pandemic. This is not easy to work remotely, but it has been even worse for us distributed around the globe. So bear with all of them, with all of us and please, continue to share all your concerns, this is how we will manage to solve problems and grow as a project.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier so...@libreoffice.org