Hi all,

On 23/10/2022 14:19, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Hi *,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
it would help much more to read through the document from the European
Commission, which was linked in the mail from Paolo in this thread.

We are a free software community, not a supranational, state-like
entity like the EU.
A free software community is regulated by policies and internal regulations, TDF is a legal entity regulated by laws .

I would prefer we return to a sense of proportion & pragmatism, rather
than arguing arcane cases (again, there wasn't even a disagreement in
the meeting, so I _really_ wonder what this is all about).

There actually were disagreements as I've been denied the right of a public hearing related.

The example reported about the EC CoI rules and procedures isn't that different from ours but they apply them consistently so it isn't an arcane case at all.

It would be great to finally discussing constructively this kind of issues in public instead of dismissing them like that making progress much longer than needed.
Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Ciao

Paolo

--
Paolo Vecchi - Member of the Board of Directors