Hi Michael,

=
Foreword:
I here speak in my capacity as a Member of the Board of Trustees.
=

Am 02.12.22 um 12:10 schrieb Michael Stahl:
hi Stephan,

On 02.12.22 11:12, Stephan Ficht wrote:
Dear board, hi all,

=
Foreword:
I here speak in my capacity as a Member of the Board of Trustees.
=

This part of the vote
TDF will seek to hire a developer(s);

- who will report [...], and consult weekly with the ESC, which will oversee the technical direction of the work;
is in my opinion not acceptable.
This results in TDF (the employer) paying for the staff but others will have the saying about their tasks.

how is this different from TDF employees Cloph, Heiko, Hossein, Ilmari, Olivier, Stéphane, Sophie, and Xisco, who already consult weekly with the ESC?

Many thanks for joining the discussion. Much appeciated.

In my opinion the semantics of "consult" and "oversee" makes how this is different. In the meantime, Sophie has thankfully already made some further explaining statements.

And btw... I want to express my profound thanks to all developers contributing. Since I am personally interested in code stuff (my last books I read were about git and python) I'm a bit envious of developers' skills that I don't have at all (and will certainly never get). But I admire them all the more with all my heart.

Best
Stephan

--
Stephan Ficht, Member of the Board of Trustees
Affiliation: The Document Foundation