I just finished Foundation's Triumph, and I have to say I am very disappointed
with what has been done with Asimov's concepts.

Robots who terraformed virtually all Earth-like planets in the galaxy, wiping
out virtually all extraterrestrial life forms... a robot disciple of Daneel
Olivaw, killing billions based on the "Zeroth' law... Hari Seldon, who is a
champion of humanity and knowledge in the original Foundation trilogy,
destroying ancient knowledge because it would make it harder to predict the
actions of humanity... the Foundation being essentially meaningless...

Beford, Bear and Brin have totally devastated everything that I enjoyed about
the original Foundation trilogy.  They have made Hari Seldon into a wimp,
someone who knows about the ultimate evil that Daneel has perpetrated on the
human race and goes along with it - in fact, becomes basically a worshipper of
the evil being who is the guiding force behind it.

I extremely dislike the new Foundation prequel trilogy and I wish I had never
read it.

> Jim wrote:
> >
> > What kind of leader cannot even follow HIS OWN RULES? I believe there is a
> > word for it. Ummm, Heather, help me out here?
>
> i'm the 'new subscriber' who mentioned the invalidity of the web
> site url.  i left the list months ago because of the bickering.
> i found an invitation to try again and decided to give it a go.
> that was yesterday; i didn't realise i was reading a message i had
> misfiled nearly a month before..  a message which included the
> following:
>
> > You receive this message because I believe you might be interested in
> > joining the New & Improved Brin-L.
> >
> > Now that the once wonderful mailing list called Brin-L has deteriorated
> > into a place that has squandered David Brin's ideals and has turned into a
> > dictatorship where the listowner unilaterally decides who may and may not
> > post, and what you can and cannot say, it's time to move on.
> >
> > Time to move on to the New & Improved Brin-L, that is!   :-)
>
> i've been back less than a day, and i must say that from what i've
> seen so far i find the above text ironic in the extreme.
> --
> #ken  P-)}
>
> Ken Coar, Sanagendamgagwedweinini  http://Golux.Com/coar/
>
> "Millennium hand and shrimp!"