Jan Coffey wrote:

> --- Chad Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  No one here has mentioned non-lethal weapons.
>
> That's becouse if someone invades you home and you taze them they can bring
> civil suits against you for decades.

Depends on the state.  If I tazed someone in my house, I could probably
bring civil suits against *them*, depending on what they'd done before I
tazed them.

> If you kill them, end of story.

In some jurisdictions, that's just not a good thing to do.

And I'd just as soon have the perp alive to be prosecuted and rot in
Huntsville for awhile, but maybe that's just me.  But if I had to kill
to protect myself and family members, and had the wherewithal to do so,
I would.

        Julia