At 09:42 AM 6/3/03 -0700, Chad Cooper wrote:
> My suspicion is that there is a strong correlation between
> "drunk" (or
> "high") and "irresponsible gun use."
>
> Then there was the guy about an hour's drive from here who
> over the weekend
> responded to his wife's request for a divorce by going to her house,
> cutting the throats of all their kids, decapitating their
> pets, and hanging
> himself.  The local law enforcements says he was on crystal
> meth at the
> time . . .

Not to be insensitive, but are you saying that if he was not high, he would
have used a gun?

No, I'm suggesting that had he not been high, he might not have killed anyone at all.

IOW, in the context of the current discussion, sober people with free access to weapons of any kind are not the major problem. [IMO.] People with (chemically or otherwise) impaired judgment are a much greater danger to themselves and others.

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her