> From: Andrew Crystall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I was working on pure reflex. ACT. When shit happens enough times you
> pick that one up. Not something I'm especially proud of...

Isn't that the (potential) problem?  You might be "coherent" enough to grab
your gun and move.  But would you be "coherent" enough to recognize that
this wasn't a fight or flight situation?  By your own admmission you are
acting purely on instinct.  Will that instince recognize a situation that,
on the surface, looks like a break-in, but perhaps isn't?  What if it was
your kid or your spouse who made all that noise for some reason?  Perhaps
they forgot their key or something?

 - jmh