At 01:41 AM 6/8/03 -0400, Erik Reuter wrote:
On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 10:11:54PM -0700, Jan Coffey wrote:

> My opinion, the sun didn't go out, or if it did the machines are not
> enslaving mankind.
>
> My guess, mankind no-longer exists as humanoids, or if they are, they
> "escaped" into the matrix. Or were put their to facilitate a long
> voyage.

I think you are a much better story writer than the [ummm, I can't spell
the W-name] writers of the Matrix.

The quality of the writing is so poor that I can't imagine they came
up with something as interesting as you suggest. I mean, they ended
the first installment with "You can't die, I love you!" "Okay, I won't
die then".  How cliche can you get? You will no doubt argue that such
silliness was meant to clue us in to the fundamental unreality of the
"real" world in the Matrix, but I don't buy it. I know bad writing when
I see it.

Which is at least part of the reason I was not all that impressed with the first one, and am in no particular hurry to see the sequelae . . .

-- Ronn! :)

God bless America,
Land that I love!
Stand beside her, and guide her