At 11:58 PM 9/19/03 -0700, Deborah Harrell wrote:
Addendum: I left out the filtration and calibration
steps required in the 'high-tech' approach to
bacterial quantification, and I forget the name of the
machine used to measure light absorption and emission
at various wavelengths...bu' ith on th' tiph ah ma
tongue!  :)  It wasn't even necessary for the usual
sterile techniques (i.e. autoclaving) to be used with
the waste sludge - just accurate dilutions with tap
water (spot checks to ensure that sewage wasn't in the
tap water probably weren't even necessary - unless
there'd been a hurricane).

Your thoughts tonight really seem to be concentrated in the sewer . . .

-- Ronn! :)