Bill to Restore Vision for NASA's Human Spaceflight Program

Excerpts from article....

Washington - Sep 10, 2003
press release by Nick Lampson

After today's House Science Committee hearing on returning the Space
Shuttle to flight, U.S. Rep. Nick Lampson re-introduced his Space
Exploration Act.

"The real obstacle we face in overcoming the drift in the nation's human
space flight program is not technological and it's not financial - it's
the lack of commitment to get started. We don't need another national
commission to come up with goals for human space flight beyond low Earth
orbit," Lampson said. "What we need is a national commitment to carry
out any one of the many worthy goals that have been articulated to
date."

"The Space Exploration Act of 2003 will revitalize our space program,
energize our industrial and academic sectors, create new opportunities
for international cooperation, and inspire our young people," said
Lampson.

Complete article...

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/shuttle-03ze.html