Jan Coffey wrote:

> I wonder what would happen if we started outsourcing the project
> management, the accounting and the administration, Indian doctors are
> cheaper, Indian Drugs, Indian lawyers… I bet there would be quite a
> number laws made quite quickly to keep this from happening…oh wait,
> there already are.

We already have a lot of dental-tourists and health-tourists. It is
apparently cheaper to fly to India, travel around a bit and get dental
surgery/other medical procedures performed in good hospitals than it is
to avail of the same procedures back home. US and UK citizens form the
bulk of these 'health tourists'.
Also, the UK hospitals/clinics have started flying in Indian doctors on
weekends to perform surgeries etc - the newspapers are flooded with
advertisements for the same. Apparently there is a shortage of doctors
over there.

I haven't heard much about lawyers but the accounting firms also get a
lot of business from overseas, especially US corporations. It is
impossible to find a CA free enough to file in tax returns this time of
the year unless you book one well in advance.

Ritu