Chad Cooper wrote:

>  Maybe you'd consider that fat and lazy,
> > but those same wages here would leave someone squarely at the
> > poverty level.
>
> I have talked to some of these oursourcers. People beg them
> for work at
> these wages. Remember that what is poverty level here is
> wealth there.

Yep. These call-centre jobs pay well by Indian standards. BJP's election
slogan this year is _India Shining_ and _Feel Good Factor_. Some of the
people who identify the most with these slogans are the college kids [or
just out of college]who are employed by these call centres.

Ritu, who'd also like to say that a dollar a day is enough to keep a
person well-fed in India, at least if that person is happy with
vegetarian food.