At 12:54 AM 9/11/2004 -0700 Doug Pensinger wrote:
>It was not a misstatement, he was speaking his mind and in fact agree with
>his logic (and not with Kerry's.)  Furthermore, he did not immediately
>retract the statement, he did so the next day.

Bush has said we'll win the war on terror every day since September 11th.

There are a couple plausible interpretations of his comment:

A) George Bush changed his mind on winning the war of terror on the day of
the Matt Lauer interview, and then changed it back the next day.

B) Bush Misspoke.

C) Bush thought he was answering a question about whether the War on Terror
was winnable in the next four-year Presidential term.

Its pretty difficult to argue that A is the most reasonable.   Then again,
you've shown an alarming propensity to believe *any* negative allegation
about Republicans....

JDG