--- Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is absurd.  I can just imagine the Russians -
> who
> think the largest long-term threat to their security
> is the Chinese

This is coldwar thinking.  Not 21st Century thinking.

We do not have to face an equal number of nuclear
weapons in order to be toppled from unipolarity.  If
we are unpopular and if we deliberately offend Eurasia
AS WE ARE DOING, then they will form a bloc capable of
copeting for influence and of undermining PAx
Americana.

That's a simple fact.

For you to ignore the incredibly profitable and cozy
arms relationship between Russia and China right now,
by the way, is staggering.  It's the biggest flow on
the planet and they together form a fantastically
formidable threat.  One that was only a simmer till W
came along.