Gary Denton wrote:

Technically, 10,000 frozen embryos could be considered equal to 1,666
children considering the success rate of implantation.  You could make
a case to rescue those instead of a hundred infants but in nearly all
foreseeable circumstance I wouldn't.

I don't consider frozen dots human... These periods are the size of a
frozen human embryos.

There are 400,000 frozen embryos in the United States.  Suppose I save
Bush and the Snowflake clinic a lot of time and just run around and
adopt them all.  I'll store them in an ice cream container in my
freezer. While trying to decide how to choose who I'll give them to my
freezer gets too hot. It may be just the normal temperature I run it
at could be too warm for long term embryo viability, but it looks like
they spoil.  I don't want spoiled stuff in my freezer. I have also
been getting afraid anyway I might confuse it with ice cream in the
dark and am worried what they would taste like. So I toss them into my
garbage.  One melting pail of 400,000 embryos, adios.

Now, am I the individual biggest mass murderer in US history?  Or am I
someone who just took out the garbage?

On 7/21/06, Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 20/07/2006, at 12:23 AM, Dan Minette wrote:

> So, I don't think it is helpful to make arguments based on one's
> own axiom
> set and then expect them to sound "reasonable" to someone who holds a
> different axiom set.  What we can do is look at the consequences of
> various
> definitions.

This is the point I was heading for.

Now, I don't think it's wrong to say that human life starts at
conception, but I just think it's meaningless, as a zygote isn't
actually any more human than an ovum - it's still a single cell.
Sure, it's been given the infusion of extra DNA and the biological
kick that'll

You can say it's not human if you like, but genetically you are just wrong. It is distinctly human and not of any other living species. Furthermore, it is alive. If it were not, there would be no need to kill it. --JWR