At 11:48 AM Tuesday 9/19/2006, Julia Thompson wrote:
Charlie Bell wrote:
On 08/09/2006, at 7:16 AM, Warren Ockrassa wrote:

Probably you haven't asked the right person. I base my ethical decisions on my ability to empathize. If I know a given action would cause me misery, I know that it's an action I shouldn't perpetrate upon another.
...unless you've asked first. While "do unto others" is a reasonable first approximation, it can also be arrogance to assume that what we want is what others want. But it's a starting point.

On that note, I recommend
http://www.autismstreet.org/weblog/?p=17

Important excerpt:

The Platinum Rule is: Do unto others as they would have you do unto them.

Essentially, treat people how THEY want to be treated, and expect others to treat you how YOU want to be treated. The single most important aspect of expecting this from others is communicating how you expect to be treated. Yep, communicate your expectations; anything from how or how not to act, what you will or will not put up with, to what you want or don’t want. You might be surprised, many people are often relieved (even if it is a little unnerving or the circumstances upsetting) to understand what’s actually expected of them

Isn't "GO AWAY!!" sufficient?  How about "DROP DEAD!"?

 ­ it makes things easier for both of you in the long run.

Brief And To The Point Maru

-- Ronn!  :)