Hi,

WHILE we're on the subject of ancient programming languages AND their
relative merits, we might as well dip into that deep well of wisdom
regarding programming that poured forth from the nimble fingers of
Edsger Dijkstra:

"How do we tell truths that might hurt?"
(http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs655/readings/ewd498.html)

In which a number of ancient programming languages are given
the acerbic treatment FOR which he was known.

For those of you who are thinking about implementing an online
BASIC interpreter, here's one that's already running:

http://www.pachesoft.com/rockerferbasic/

Dave

PS: The Good Doctor's eulogy for BASIC is mentioned in the
"Maturity" section of the Wikipedia entry for BASIC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BASIC